plugin manager window disappeared

Everything about LiveProfessor.
Ideas, bug reports, tips & trix
anwaypasible

plugin manager window disappeared

Postby anwaypasible » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:13 pm

it flashed open for a second and went away, but if you right click on the screen it still loads the right-click menu for the plugin manager options.

there wasn't any vst window open at the time of opening the plugin manager window.

I'm not using the beta, but the most recent release.

oh and the audio is getting upset more and more often.
like I've literally had to reset the driver like 5 times in a single minute.

I'm not doing anything on the computer when it happens .. in fact my hands are off the keyboard and mouse at the time.
nature.. time.. and patience are the three great healers
anwaypasible

Re: plugin manager window disappeared

Postby anwaypasible » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:14 am

.....yo

I was getting crackles and repeated audio in little microbursts without anything registering in the latencymon tool (unless it was pagefaults).

How to avoid hard pagefaults

If you have concluded that hard pagefaults are the cause of audio dropouts, you can do any of the following to resolve the problems:

•Close down unnecessary applications which consume a lot of RAM
•Close down unnecessary service applications which consume a lot of RAM (the Search Indexer service is notorious)
•Increase the amount of RAM in your system
•Increase the working set of the audio application, only an option if you are the author of the software.
•Make sure audio data is paged-in (resident). Pages of memory are swapped out based on their use counts. If you use Windows for live playing, do a silent run of your software synthesizer. After changing patch on a sampler, touch all keys so that all memory it uses is paged-in to avoid embarrasing scenes.
•Disable the pagefile altogether. You can disable the pagefile by right-clicking My Computer and selecting Advanced System Settings->Advanced->Performance Settings->Advanced->Virtual memory->Change. Note that if you have no pagefile, the system can run out of memory if not enough memory is available. Also the system will no longer create crash dump files in case of a system crash.

I never-ever have anything else running except being in a browser.
but I've closed the browser and came back, opened the browser and the audio coming from it was broken until I reset the driver.

doesn't matter if I adjust asio4all.
nothing registers as problematic in virtual audio cable's control panel.

I got a lot of hard pagefaults to svchost and the PID said it had wlan and some other processes in it, including an audio one.

well I went to blackviper.com to get the 'safe' list of services to shut down.
trying it out as I write this forum post.

right now I've already had stupid high amounts of hard pagefaults, but the audio hasn't skipped or popped once.

I see there are a high number of ISR on cpu 0 .. but the other cpus show zero ISR .. why is that?
something not multi-threaded for a reason?
nikolai

Postby nikolai » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:21 pm

Hi
Not sure if I can help you on this..
The app is multithreaded, the GUI/Message thread, One Audio Thread pr CPU/core, Midi Thread, Seperate threads for different dispatching of various tasks.

Only time I have had clicks and pops it has been due to to low buffers, or with graphic-card taking up resources. (For example some plugins use heavy graphics so when they are moved or resized the audio suffers)
anwaypasible

Postby anwaypasible » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:27 am

well I'm confused.

I've been using that latencymon tool .... the highest reported spike that I got that didn't lead to audio pops & crackles was 10295us

in fact, I'll be sitting there listening to music watching the meters and the audio breaks .. but there's no sign of a spike coming from the software.

another thing.. sometimes the audio will stutter, and after it is done.. sometimes there are crackles sometimes not.

but sometimes the crackles go away after more stuttering.

it is getting bad.. like a dozen times in a minute.

virtual audio cable doesn't report a problem.. that leads me to think it is liveprofessor or asio4all.
I'm a little upset that your reply doesn't offer more detailed information to help.

I'm certainly not looking to point blame, I'd much rather be presented with a reason as to why I'm experiencing audio difficulties.
somewhere my resources are not enough, and I don't see that as possible considering I'm on a standard setup.
no reason for me to do more than adjust the buffer size in asio4all once and be done with it.

I'm wondering if I should be prompted to speak about a problem in liveprofessor or asio4all because of the simple fact that (eventually) the latencymon software does say my computer is unable to steam real-time audio.
it doesn't tell me why though.. as I have tried to work with the software in the past based on what you read above.
anwaypasible

Postby anwaypasible » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:56 am

I want to apologize if it seems like I am coming down on you.
I just find it hard to believe there is anything I can do about the problem when the two things that pop up for high latency are directX and the usb driver

feels like I wanna get in there and moderate what is goin on because there is something not right.
and if you remember, I said it wasn't happening like that for a while.. which makes me think Microsoft did something with a patch.

from what I can gather, the stream can timestretch itself.
I know this because I did an in-depth latency test with latencymon and the audio slowed down.

I can only imagine inside the hub there are paths for the (well lets just say) electrons to travel.
the main importance for the masterlock is to allow those paths to cross.
if something ruins the masterclocks pace, everything on that intersection has to get cleared up to prevent electrons from crashing into eachother.

well the point of saying that is this..
when the audio does break.. why does it stay broken until I reset the driver?
I mean.. I know it is dumb to say this because it is counter-productive but.. why not just a single click or pop and then back to normal?

I imagine some might simply wonder why not just give the audio the high priority over whatever is causing the delay, and force that thing to wait instead of the audio.
but I think if the audio gets too much priority .. then it can weasel it's way into (or near) other streams of electrons.. and that is where the professional packet sniffing takes place.
basically using a neutral electron that will take the shape of whatever is stronger than it (if even in increments).

something to do with being able to stall the system to create a gap, then know how that gap travels across the board, then hunt down what you can based on whatever falls into the gap.

I don't really get it anyways, because hacking yourself doesn't equate to being able to hack other machines.
but then again..
knowing what is on the board precisely should free up resources and improve response times.
certainly, there's like 50 processes running in windows 7 home premium
I think I had windows xp down to like 14 processes .. my cousin works in IT and he said he had it lower than that.

I think I'm stressing configuration, since that is the foundation of what is needed to get many pieces to work together without error.

I did some reading on how to hunt down the problem and people are saying it is most difficult.
even going as far as getting into device manager and start disabling things one by one to see if it stops.

based on total execution time.. here's the list of the top:
usbport.sys
storport.sys
dxgkrnl.sys
nvlddmkm.sys
nvmf6232.sys
rspLLL32.sys
lvuvc.sys
tcpip.sys
portcls.sys
nvstor32.sys
ndis.sys
HDaudbus.sys

I thought I had it by removing my little usb thumdrive from the plug, but that didn't do it.
dunno why the storage driver is still high, unless it has something to do with my slow hard drive response times.

i know i can't do nothing about if it is Microsoft or NVidia drivers causing problems.
these problems shouldn't exist except maybe in beta drivers, and I'm not using any beta drivers.

i don't know how much allowance there is for people that do hack, so i have no idea what kind of pings my computer might suffer through.

just doesn't make sense how i can sit here typing and the audio stream can become corrupted or intruded on.

for example.. say it is my webcam going out because of old age (Logitech pro9000 , not that old)
why wouldn't they allocate themselves enough space for resiliency to work until the components in the camera are so bad that the thing doesn't function anymore?
like the clock is the same speed, but the sample rate is slowing down.. so if it slows, what is the point where image quality is no longer acceptable and thus the driver steps in to say the hardware doesn't work?
or skip the driver from stopping it and let the owner see for themselves how bad it is, to prompt them to repair the camera or go buy a new one.
i think if there was to be a threshold, it should be when the camera causes electrical shock to the motherboard (either input or output).. which could lead to motherboard failure.
that would be sufficient.

either way i look at it, i am extremely annoyed.
doesn't matter if it is Microsoft or a bunch of lousy pings from hackers OR the camera going out.
(i don't think it is the camera though because i know it has happened with the camera off)

....walking through the store, i notice my brain sparkling

Return to “LiveProfessor 1”