trouble closing and unloading plugin

Everything about LiveProfessor.
Ideas, bug reports, tips & trix
anwaypasible

trouble closing and unloading plugin

Postby anwaypasible » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:41 am

found a 64bit convolver (thankfully)
the only free one listed had a length time shorter than 1 second for guitar cabinets and amplifiers.. until i found irdust.

it has never closed or unloaded properly.. liveprofessor freezes up.
it's a prototype plugin, and if it is a problem with the plugin.. maybe you could help the developer fix the problem.
(or have me play middle man)

the plugin loads fine .. the plugin works fine
it's just whenever i close the plugin or want to close liveprofessor i have to open task manager and force liveprofessor closed.

also.. i've been having to reset the asio4all driver quite a lot lately, i'm thinking it has something to do with the plugin too.
i've got the samples all the way up to 2048 and still get clicks and pops whenever i'm on a video chat website.

got clicks and pops using room eq wizard with the java 48khz 16bit mode.

as it turns out.. i ran one instance of convolution and the impulse response improved.
i ran a sweep and recorded an impulse response with the convolution set up and the impulse response improved a second time.

i tried it a third time with two instances of the convolution running back to back and the impulse response grew worse.
so i'm using two impulses to lower my decay times.. 16bit (because my xfi soundcard died i think and my onboard only does 16bit recording)
room eq wizard's impulse response window says my decay has been lowered by 4 decibels.. i can hear the difference too, things sound more pronounced.

the second layer of convolution isn't linear from 20hz to 20khz like the first layer of convolution.. i'm guessing that is the limit of the bitdepth, but the limit doesn't stop the first time you convolve the signal.. there's still more of the echo you can record and thus remove.

here's the link to the discussion of the plugin.. there is a download link in the first post of the forum thread to try the plugin yourself.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&t=403082

liveprofessor version 1.1.2 64bit
nikolai

Postby nikolai » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:16 pm

Hi
I'll download it and see if I can reproduce it. should be fairly easy for the developer to run the plugin in debug mode in LP
anwaypasible

Postby anwaypasible » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:57 pm

i feel like it is best for me to be fully honest..
i used windows feature to make everything bigger on my screen.
i'm running a high resolution and i couldn't read the text on my screen very good, so i used the feature to make things appear bigger.

some of your GUI windows are broken with the 'zoom'
like for instance, the startup window is broken.. the patch window is broken too.

windows 7 instructions for making the text bigger..
right-click on the desktop .. choose screen resolution .. click on make text and other items larger or smaller .. i've got it set on medium (125%)

also..
i don't know where my head is at.
i just read what i posted above and realized i made an error.
when running three instances of the impulse response back to back, that is when the impulse response grew worse.
running two instances sharpens the impulse response by 4 decibels

anyways.. why am i always stuck with a irregular vst plugin ?
lol

i don't want to go back to 32bit because i use that mathaudio room eq plugin that is 64bits

right now all i'm using is the mathaudio plugin .. the irdust plugin .. and blue cat's gain plugin to boost the volume.
anwaypasible

Postby anwaypasible » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:30 am

response from developer:

Ok, so LiveProfessor appears to close the editor window and only afterwards calls the plugin to close it's window. Apparently this was causing a crash/dead-lock as the plugin still thinks the editor is open and attempts to close it. I added the relevant code to detect this situation (it was apparently partially done, but not finished for some reason) and it appears to be working fine now.

I suspect that it might make sense for LiveProfessor to fix this as well, as there might be other plugins where it might cause trouble, since as far as I know, none of the mainstream hosts do this. But it's fixed in IRDust now, and my other plugins will receive updates in the near future.

Uploaded 0.1.0 that should fix this issue [edit: also updated the screenshot now]
nikolai

Postby nikolai » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:38 am

Thanks, will add that on my end as well.

Return to “LiveProfessor 1”