HOw can I split a keyboard to different channels in LP2 ?

xabilon

HOw can I split a keyboard to different channels in LP2 ?

Postby xabilon » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:40 am

Hello !

I have a MIDI keyboard to control a Hammond Organ emulation in LP (Gsi VB3). The plugin has 2 sets of drawbars, the lower drawbars are controlled by channel 2, and upper drawbars by channel 1.

The keyboard controller sends all its messages on channel 1, but I want to split that by keyzones, to play the lower drawbars of the organ on the low part of the keyboard (lowest key to B3), and the upper drawbars on the highest keys (C4 to highest key).

So, I need to do this :
Keyboard Channel 1 (C1 - B3) ------> Plugin on channel 2
Keyboard Channel 1 (C4 - C8) -------> Plugin on channel 1

For the upper drawbars, no problem : the keyboard controls directly the plugin on channel 1, thru a key zone (C4-C8).

For the lower drawbars, I've made a "dummy" chain that takes the MIDI from the keyboard, modifies it changing channel to 2, thru a keyzone (C1-B3). Then the MIDI output of the chain is sent to the VB3 plugin (the plugin is NOT part of the chain).
But it doesn't work...

How can I do this ? Play two different channels on the same plugin, from one keyboard that sends only on one channel.
xabilon

Re: HOw can I split a keyboard to different channels in LP2 ?

Postby xabilon » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:36 pm

Ok, I don't need this any more, I've discovered that VB3 can be splited in keyboard zones instead of using different channels :mrgreen:

But, theoricaly, is it possible in Live professor to route one channel into several channels to control the same plugin on different channels ?
nikolai

Postby nikolai » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:04 am

Hi glad you got it sorted
No, I don't think there is a straight forward way to spilt/convert channels at the moment
xabilon

Postby xabilon » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:12 pm

Thank you for your reply !

But if my dummy chain doesn't work, does it mean that the MIDI output of a chain/plugin doesn't take care of the MIDI Modifiers, which apply only to the chain/plugin itself ?
So, what is then the difference between MIDI Out and MIDI Thru ?

Return to “LiveProfessor 2”