Little trouble with Delay rate.

Matttcha

Little trouble with Delay rate.

Postby Matttcha » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:58 pm

Hello everyone, I'm Mattt.

Using LP2 for 20 days, and I love it (I must confess, I haven't bought it yet, but, will be in a few).

Here is my setup :
I have 5 sends coming from the desk feeding 5 chains of plugings, all pluging are UAD, coming back in 3 stereo tracks.

I saved for each song a preset for each pluging and made a global snapshot for each songs recalling the plugins state. And made a cue list that I'm piloting through OSC Touch as well as all the plugings (one page for each fox plus one page for the always-under-finger parameter)
The routing isn't changing but the tempo is as well as the "rate" (1|4, 1|8 etc).

I have a problem with the rate of the UAD precision delay. It doesn't change accordingly to the preset I made. It just jump randomly to a wrong value.

The UAD precision delay was sometimes synch and sometimes not, so I synchronised it in every plugin preset in every global snapshot as well as every Cue, but it doesn't change anything.

Anyone who can help me, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Mattt
nikolai

Re: Little trouble with Delay rate.

Postby nikolai » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:39 pm

Hi Matt
Could you send me a simple project that demonstrates the issue? just send it to: liveprofessor (at) audiostrom.com
Thanks
Nikolai
Matttcha

Re: Little trouble with Delay rate.

Postby Matttcha » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:11 pm

So, here is a session I just created from scratch, using only the Precision Delay from UAD. (https://we.tl/YhyzoFenR6)
I named the song with the actual BPM and time signature that I saved in each Global Snapshot.
When you recall the snapshots directly or through the cue list I made going from song 1 to 5, Song one is properly recalled, as well as 2 and 3, but going to song 4 is recalling something really strange, as well as song 5.

And if you always go one step forward or Backward (like you would do in a sequenced show) if you do :

Song 1 = OK
Song 2 = OK
Song 3 = OK
Song 4 = not OK
Song 3 = not OK
Song 4 = still not OK
Song 5 = not OK
Song 4 = suddenly it's recalling the right values !!!
Song 5 = not OK
Song 4 = OK
Song 3 = not OK
Song 2 = not OK
Song 1 = always Ok, because unsychronized (that's my guess).

I tried to put the same time signature in every snapshot (1/4) and just move the tempo consequently to get the right time I was looking for, but it is still the same problem.

I think tempo changing is messing somehow with the time signature of this delay.

Any guess ?

Thank you very much.

Return to “LiveProfessor 2”