Fire Next Cue?

ryan

Fire Next Cue?

Postby ryan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:18 am

The only way to highlight the next cue is by right-clicking it, correct? Doesn't this defeat the purpose of midi controlling the Fire Next Cue command? Using a midi trigger to fire a cue that has be selected with a mouse click doesn't seem that useful.

My problem is that if I midi trigger a cue, nothing gets highlighted. The Fire Next Cue command will do nothing.

I'd expect the Fire Next Cue command to fire the next cue on the cue list (when nothing else has been highlighted).

Alternatively, the highlighted 'next cue' could be saved in the global snapshot. That would be cool.
nikolai

Re: Fire Next Cue?

Postby nikolai » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:16 pm

Hi, dorry for taking so long to get back to you. I'm out traveling.

The only way to highlight the next cue is by right-clicking it, correct?

No, there are also Step up and Step down commands that can be assign midi buttons. The cue with green color is the "Next", blue is active.
Individual midi triggers on cues does not affect this, so if you fire a cue using individual midi commands, it will not set the cue bellow it as "next"
You can program this by using a Cue List Cue. (The last cue type in the tool bar, with GO icon)
This gue type can be put inside a cue and when fire it will set a (completely different) cue as "Next", this way you can jump around if you want.

My problem is that if I midi trigger a cue, nothing gets highlighted. The Fire Next Cue command will do nothing.

Are you sure the command is actually fired. try to set the hi-value of the "input limit" on the button to something low like 10.
Sometimes this helps if the midi command has velocity values etc.
ryan

Postby ryan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:59 am

Step up and Step down commands

Ah! Step Down. That's what I was looking for. (I had assumed that command would "step in" to the cue. I hadn't actually tried it!)

Okay, now if I can just figure out how to automatically arm the cues, I'll be totally hands-free.

The whole 'arming' thing has never been useful to me, btw. I just want to trigger the cue list and then start stepping down through the cues.

Thanks for the help!
nikolai

Postby nikolai » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:55 pm

ryan wrote:
Step up and Step down commands

Ah! Step Down. That's what I was looking for. (I had assumed that command would "step in" to the cue. I hadn't actually tried it!)

Okay, now if I can just figure out how to automatically arm the cues, I'll be totally hands-free.

The whole 'arming' thing has never been useful to me, btw. I just want to trigger the cue list and then start stepping down through the cues.

Thanks for the help!

The "Arm" cue list thing, is if you got multiple cue lists. then the commands need to know which cue list it should apply to.
So if you have 4 cue lists you can turn them on/off using the "Armed" button
ryan

Postby ryan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:45 pm

But the Step Down command doesn't work unless the list is armed.

Shouldn't it just go to the next cue on the list, regardless of arm state?

Or, is there a way to automatically arm everything?

It's soooo close to being hands-free!

Return to “LiveProfessor 2”